After Hours Care
Emergencies & Phone Calls
Our care team will return calls during business hours as time permits. If a matter is urgent, please tell our front office support staff so that we can confer with you in the timeliest manner possible. Please understand that calls for test results and prescription refills will be returned after urgent patient needs are met. Non-emergency phone calls may be returned late in the afternoon after all patients are seen or the following day.
Call Anytime – Day or Night
- Fever 100.5 F. degrees or greater
- Uncontrollable nausea or diarrhea
- Pain medication is not working
- Chest pains or shortness of breath
- Severe shaking or chills
- Bleeding from the nose or gums
- Blood in the urine
- Black, tarry bowel movements
- Severe diarrhea
- Constipation with intense abdominal cramping
- Changes in vision or hearing
If you are experiencing a true, life-threatening emergency, you must call 911 and call our office only after you have made arrangements to get to the Emergency Room.
When our office is closed, our answering machine is turned on. Please leave non-emergency messages if you wish; we check messages the next business day.
Call During Regular Office Hours
(8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday):
- If you have questions about your medication, treatment or side effects
- If you’re having nutrition problem.
- If you need a prescription refill
- For lab or scan results
Time frames for lab tests or scan results:
- Scans: 48 hours
- Tumor markers: 48 hours
- Bone marrow: 5-7days
- Pathology Reports: 3-5 days